1st ANNUAL ANTIGUA OPTIMIST OPEN
25th and 26th March 2017
- All races shall be sailed under the ISAF Racing Rules of Sailing 2017-2020, the Rules of the International Optimist Class, the prescriptions of the Race Committee, and by these Sailing Instructions.
- VENUE & ORGANIZING AUTHORITY
- The races shall be sailed in Falmouth Harbour, Antigua under the auspices of the Antigua Yacht Club which is also the Organizing Authority.
- Competitors may complete registration with the Organizing Authority, no later than 4PM pm on the Wednesday 22nd March 2017.
- NOTICES TO COMPETITORS & CHANGES TO SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
- Notices to competitors shall be posted on the official regatta notice board located at the Antigua Yacht Club at least one hour before the start of the first race of each day.
- SCHEDULE OF RACE
- Races are scheduled as follows:
- Saturday 25th March: First race will not start before 9:30 a.m. – three (3) races in the morning and two (2) in the afternoon.
- Sunday 26th March: First race will not start before 9:30 a.m. – three (3) races in the morning.
- THE COURSES
- The courses shall be Olympic Triangle and/or Windward/Leeward.
- The Start-Finish line shall not be crossed unless starting or finishing a race.
- The courses shall be as follows:
6.3.1. Course 1 – Start, Mark 1, 2, 3, 1, 3, Finish.
6.4. Courses will be signaled using a display board on the Committee Boat signaling Course 1 or Course 2.
6.5. All marks shall be rounded to port.
- Mark 1 will be yellow, 2 and 3 will be orange buoys.
- The start shall be between the orange Flag Staff on the Committee Boat and an orange buoy to its port. An inner spacer buoy may be a white fender. The spacer buoy, if used, is an extension of the Committee Boat but not part of the start line. All dinghies and boats attached to the Committee Boat are an extension of the Committee Boat.
- Rule 26, is modified as follows:
- Warning Signal at three (3) minutes – Laser flag up & sound signal.
- Preparatory Signal at two(2) minutes – P flag up & sound signal.
- At one (1) minute – P flag down & sound signal
- Start – warning down & sound signal.
- THE FINISH
- The finish shall be between the orange Flag Staff on the Committee Boat and an orange buoy to its port.
- TIME LIMIT
10.1. The time limit for each race shall be fifty (50) minutes. Boats failing to finish within ten (10) minutes after the first boat finishes or after the time limit, whichever is earlier, shall be scored DNF.
- SHORTENED COURSE
11.1. Whenever the ‘S’ flag is flown from a mark boat at a rounding or finishing mark, finish between the nearby mark and the ‘S’ flag on the mark boat.
- PENALTY SYSTEM
12.1. In accordance to 44.1
12.2. For the green fleet class, 44.1 is changed so that the two turn penalty is replaced by the one turn penalty.
13.1. In accordance to rule 61.1
13.2 Protest forms are available at the Race Office and protest time limit will be half an hour after the committee boat docks.
14.1. Rule A4, the Low-Point Scoring System shall apply.
14.2. Ties shall be broken in accordance with rule A8.1.
14.3. Eight (8) races are scheduled of which one (1) shall be completed to constitute a series.
14.4. Competitors shall be allowed one (1) throw-out race if eight (8) races are completed.
15.1. Prizes shall be awarded to first, second and third places.