Antigua Yacht Club Operating Procedure during COVID-19 situation
Dear Young Sailors, Members and Parents,
AYC are optimistic that we should be allowed to provide some sort of sailing provision in the near future as the current restrictions are gradually relaxed.
Please note that it may be necessary to restrict sailing for some more inexperienced sailors and double handed sailing will not be permitted.
We hope to be able to also provide some safety coverage for members not involved in the Sailing Program but times will be restricted.
A payment will be required, depending on the level of instruction we feel we’ll be able to provide.
While Social Distancing needs to be adhered to we will introduce the following procedures:
- A strict schedule will be adhered to and will be promulgated as soon possible. It will be obviously designed around school times etc.
- No sailor should be allowed to attend if showing any symptoms of ill-health, be they COVID-19 based or not
- No more than 5 sailors should be on the AYC premises at any one time. We will do our best to ensure groups are designed to take families/close friends into account but do not guarantee it.
- Hand sanitizers will be provided on arrival and mouths and noses shall be covered at all times, including on the water.
- Each group of 5 sailors will be given an arrival time to rig their boats, have an open air briefing and launch with an instructor on the water with them.
- The next group will arrive 15 mins after the first group and so on until all sailors are on the water.
- Only one sailor shall be inside the Sailing Centre at any one time
- No raft-ups will happen on the water.
- The return times will also be staggered, allowing time for the previous group time to de-rig and leave the premises.
We will keep the above under review at all times and amend it as Govt. advice/requirements allow.
It would help us in our planning to have an idea who is interested in participating so please register your interest by e-mail to email@example.com
Thank you for your support during these “interesting times” and please stay safe.