NOTICE OF AGM AND COMMITTEE’S NOMINATIONS
Members are hereby notified that the Annual General Meeting will take place on Tuesday 28th November 2017 at 6PM at the Antigua Yacht Club’s Event Centre.
Special thanks to the Nominating Committee Anne Ayres, John Ayres and Elizabeth Jordan for their time and effort into producing their report.
As per By-Law 18, Nominations for the election of Officers and Directors and Standing Committee members shall be:
- a) submitted by the Nominating Committee not less than thirty (30) days before the date of the Annual General Meeting; or
- b) from the floor at the Annual General Meeting except that if the Member nominated is not present he or she should have previously signed a paper to the effect that he is willing to stand if he is nominated.The Committee’s nominations are:-
Commodore Franklyn Braithwaite
Vice Commodore Clare Cupples
Rear Commodore Ashley Rhodes
Hon. Secretary Alan Hart
Hon. Treasurer Janie Easton
Fleet Captain Richard Archer
Dinghy Fleet Captain Paola Vittoria
Power Boat Fleet Captain Steve Carson
Social Director Zoe Williams
House & Grounds Steve Spanis
Director at Large Jonty Layfield
Classic Fleet Captain Clare Cupples
Members have until 18th November, ten days before the AGM, to nominate qualifying members to any or all of the posts, any such nominations to be signed by ten Full Single or Full Family or Senior, Honorary Life or Life Members.
A provisional AGM agenda has been prepared and members have until ten days prior to the AGM to submit items for resolution at the AGM. The provisional agenda appears below. Circulation of this Agenda serves as a Notice of the date and time of the AGM in accordance with By-Law 26
You are encouraged to review our year end (31.08.17) financial statements, a copy of which will hopefully be available during working hours from 22nd November. If you have queries of a purely financial nature, please feel free to ask for an explanation prior to the AGM.
AGENDA FOR THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
- Adoption of the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting
- Reports of the Flag Officers
- Reports of the Committees elected by the membership
- Consideration and approval of the Club’s annual accounts
- Report of the Nomination Committee
- Nominations from the floor
- Election of the Board of Directors
- Appointment of Auditor
- Ordinary Resolution 1 states that the AYC Board of Directors propose to invite Sir Hugh Bailey as AYC Admiral
- Any Other Business
All 2017 Annual Members and Life Full Voting and Life Honorary are entitled to vote. Life Overseas Members are entailed to observe.