Dear Parents and Friends of AYC Junior Sailing Programs:
The AYC 2021 MAY Program Sailing Sessions begin on May 1 and end on May 31! Sign Up Now. View and Download May’s Schedule – Here
Registration must be completed via the AYC Office and payment must be made in full by the first day of the session. Contact me directly if you are unsure which category to register your sailor. A reminder that all junior members must be part of a program in order to sail out of AYC. Having your own boat does not entitle you to sail out of the facility. This policy is a mandatory safety requirement and ensures that all young sailors are supervised properly. New sailors and their parents must sign the Code of Conduct Forms available in the Sailing Office as part of the initial registration process.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT DATES:
May 3 and May 24 are public holidays, therefore there will be no sailing on those dates. Junior Club will be closed.
Fitness: The regular hiking sessions continue with times and days posted in the general group. Overall fitness is the one of the best ways to prepare for success in sailing.
May 2 is “The Lost Trail Challenge” and AYC has a great team entered. See you there and good luck to everyone!
Health safety protocols remain in place by the AYC in accordance with the mandatory requirements of the Ministry of Sport for Antigua & Barbuda. It is very important that you make yourself aware of what these are. A full list is posted at the club, on the website and is available from the office. Included in these rules are:
- Wear a mask or a buff at all times (an AYC branded buff is available for purchase in the office)
- Hand hygiene must be observed – Wash your hands and Use hand sanitizer frequently!
- Maintain Social Distance: maximum 2 persons in the dinghy shed and in the bathroom at any one time. Elsewhere in the Club area the 6 feet/2 metre rule is in effect especially in the boat park when rigging boats.
- No sharing of equipment – use your personal lifejacket exclusively.
- All boats must be properly cleaned by the user following the session regardless if it is your own or the club’s.
- Sailors must be dropped off and picked up promptly – no lingering at the club or in the restaurant either before or after lessons.
- GARBAGE – to minimize contact spread of Covid 19, put all garbage in the bins provided VERY IMPORTANT!
Thank you in advance for your efforts. The safety of all participants is our priority. As we progress forward, please note that some changes may be made to make the system work more efficiently.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact me directly either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 268-728-5045.
Karl James, OLY, GOH, FMC, MBE
Manager of Dinghy Sailing and Youth Training Scheme, Antigua Yacht Club