Dear Parents and Friends of AYC Junior Sailing Programs:
The AYC 2021 January Program Sailing Sessions begin on January 4 and end on January 31! Sign Up Now.
REMINDER: NO SAILING PROGRAMS ON JANUARY 17,2021 .
Registration must be completed in the AYC Office and payment must be made in full by the first day of the
session. Contact me directly if you are unsure which category to register your sailor. A reminder that all junior
members must be part of a program in order to sail out of AYC. Having your own boat does not entitle you to sail
out of the facility. This policy is a mandatory safety requirement and ensures that all young sailors are supervised
properly. New sailors and their parents must sign the Code of Conduct Forms available in the Sailing Office as part
of the initial registration process.
2021 Antigua Laser and Optimist Open Championship: Currently we are still waiting for the government
authorities to give the ‘go ahead’ to host sailing regattas. We hope for positive news in early January.
Fitness: Congratulations to all the Junior Club Members (and their parents) who participated in the “Mud the
Halls” Challenge on December 6. Lots of great pictures have been posted on social media. The next activity we
will put our focus on is January 17: “Rocky Ridge Challenge”. Contact me for more information.
Health safety protocols remain in place by the AYC in accordance with the mandatory requirements of the
Ministry of Sport for Antigua & Barbuda. It is very important that you make yourself aware of what these are. A
full list is posted at the club, on the website and is available from the office. Included in these rules are:
– Wear a mask or a buff at all times (an AYC branded buff is available for purchase in the office)
– Hand hygiene must be observed – Wash your hands and Use hand sanitizer frequently!
– Maintain Social Distance: minimum 2 persons in the dinghy shed and in the bathroom at any one time.
Elsewhere in the Club area the 6 feet/2 metre rule is in effect especially in the boat park when rigging
– No sharing of equipment – use your personal lifejacket exclusively.
– All boats must be properly cleaned by the user following the session regardless if it is your own or the
– Sailors must be dropped off and picked up promptly – no lingering at the club or in the restaurant either
before or after lessons.
– GARBAGE – to minimize contact spread of Covid 19, put all garbage in the bins provided VERY
Thank you in advance for your efforts. The safety of all participants is our priority. As we progress forward,
please note that some changes may be made to make the system work more efficiently.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact me directly either by email at email@example.com or
View and Download – Schedule January 2021
Karl James, OLY, GOH, FMC, MBE
Manager of Dinghy Sailing and Youth Training Scheme, Antigua Yacht Club