November 20, 2020
Dear Parents and Friends of AYC Junior Sailing Programs:
The AYC 2020 December Program Sailing Sessions begin on December 2! Sign Up Now.
NOTE: Programs are being scheduled on a month to month basis, due to uncertainty of times during Covid-19
Registration must be completed in the AYC Office and payment must be made in full by the first day of the session. Contact me directly if you are unsure which category to register your sailor. A reminder that all junior members must be part of a program in order to sail out of AYC. Having your own boat does not entitle you to sail out of the facility. This policy is a mandatory safety requirement and ensures that all young sailors are supervised properly.
Schedule Attached – December Afterschool Program Schedule
2020 Antigua Laser and Optimist Open Championship: Currently we are still waiting for the government authorities to give the ‘go ahead’ to host sailing regattas. More information will be posted as available.
Fitness: Congratulations to all the Junior Club Members (and their parents) who have been participating in our weekly fitness program “hikes” and competing in the local fitness challenges. Performances and results have been amazing, and you should be proud of your achievements. Coming up in December is the “Mud Challenge” on December 6. AYC will put a team together – contact me.
Health safety protocols remain in place by the AYC in accordance with the mandatory requirements of the Ministry of Sport for Antigua & Barbuda. It is very important that you make yourself aware of what these are. A full list is posted at the club, on the website and is available from the office. Included in these rules are:
- Wear a mask or a buff at all times (an AYC branded buff is available for purchase in the office)
- Hand hygiene must be observed – Wash your hands and Use hand sanitizer
- Maintain Social Distance: minimum 2 persons in the dinghy shed and in the bathroom at any one time. Elsewhere in the Club area the 6 feet/2 metre rule is in effect especially in the boat park when rigging boats.
- No sharing of equipment – use your personal lifejacket exclusively.
- All boats must be properly cleaned by the user following the session regardless if it is your own or the club’s
- Sailors must be dropped off and picked up promptly – no lingering at the club or in the restaurant either before or after lessons
- GARBAGE – to minimize contact spread of Covid 19, put all garbage in the bins provided VERY IMPORTANT!
Thank you in advance for your efforts. The safety of all participants is our priority. As we progress forward, please note that some changes may be made to make the system work more efficiently.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact me directly either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 268-728-5045.
Karl James, OLY, GOH, FMC, MBE
Manager of Dinghy Sailing and Youth Training Scheme, Antigua Yacht Club