NOTICE OF AGM AND COMMITTEE’S NOMINATIONS
Members are hereby notified that the Annual General Meeting will take place on Tuesday 16th November at 4PM via Zoom.
Due to the Covid -19 Pandemic, our Annual General Meeting will be a virtual event.
A link to the Zoom Meeting will be sent out approximately a week before.
Club’s Financial Accounts – You will be notified via email when available for viewing from the Auditor.
Special thanks to the Nominating Committee for their time and effort into producing their report.
Report from the Nominating Committee
As per By-Law 18
a) submitted by the Nominating Committee not less than thirty (30) days before the date of the Annual General Meeting; or
b) from the floor at the Annual General Meeting except that if the Member nominated is not present he or she should have previously signed a paper to the effect that he is willing to stand if he is nominated.
The Committee’s nominations are:-
|Vice Commodore||Clare Cupples|
|Rear Commodore||Ashley Rhodes|
|Treasurer||If no volunteer is forthcoming, Clare has agreed to continue covering that role|
|Fleet Captain||Richard Archer|
|Dinghy Fleet Captain||Loraine Mitchell Gaillard|
|Power Boat Fleet Captain||Stephen Carson|
|House & Grounds||Steven Spanis|
|Director at Large||Jonty Layfield|
|Classic Fleet Captain||Alexis Howard|
A provisional AGM agenda has been prepared and members have until ten days prior to the AGM to submit items for resolution at the AGM. The provisional agenda appears below. Circulation of this Agenda serves as a Notice of the date and time of the AGM in accordance with By-Law 26.
AGENDA FOR THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
- Adoption of the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting
- Reports of the Flag Officers
- Reports of the Committees elected by the membership
- Consideration and approval of the Club’s annual accounts
- Report of the Nomination Committee
- Nominations from the floor
- Election of the Board of Directors
- Appointment of Auditor
- Special Resolutions:
- Membership Subscriptions have remined static for seven years. Due to the fact that we are now having to pay 15% ABST on Membership Subscriptions, which has been covered by the Club for the past 2 years, the Board have decided that it is necessary to raise all Membership Subscriptions by 20%. Anyone renewing their membership before 30th November 2021 will be charged at the old rate. New Rates are listed below.
- To celebrate the huge achievements of Members representing their country and AYC, the Board proposes that Louis and Alex Sinclair in the America’s Cup and Jalese Gordon in the Olympics, be nominated for Life Memberships of AYC.
- Any Other Business
All 2021 and 2022 Annual Members and Life Full Voting and Life Honorary are entitled to vote. Life Overseas Members are entailed to observe.
View and Download – Proxy Voting Form Here
New Membership Rates:
|Senior Annual (65 years + and 10 Years Good-standing)||108|
|Temporary Membership: 1 Month||138|
|Temporary Membership: 1 Week||84|
|Temporary Membership: 1 Day||60|
|Temporary Membership: 1 Month||234|
|Temporary Membership:1 Week||120|
|Temporary Membership:1 Day||60|
|Corporate||Up to 5||Up to 10||Up to 15||Up to 20|
|Temporary Membership: 1 Week||218||432||648||863|
|Temporary Membership:1 Month||436||864||1297||1726|
|Temporary Membership:3 Months||1307||2592||3892||5177|