Join Antigua Yacht Club
We have an International Reputation
Fun in the Sun
- Internationally Recognised : Above all else, AYC is recognised internationally through our staging of events such as Antigua Classic Yacht Regatta, The Caribbean Laser Team Championships, The North American Optimist Championships, The RORC Caribbean 600 and our hosting of Antigua Sailing Week. All of these bring a major focus on our Club. We are affiliated to the RYA (Royal Yachting Association of Great Britain), and members of The International Sailing Federation, and the Antigua & Barbuda National Olympic Committee. Flying our burgee, or wearing our attire with the burgee brings instant worldwide recognition of your status as a member.
- Sailing Programs: Regular events such as Green Island Weekends, Round the Island Race, The High Tide Christmas Series, and the Nelson’s Pursuit Race have become a tradition among our members and visitors alike. Other racing/cruising events are added to our calendar every year.
- Dinghy Program: Our Youth Sailing Programme offers our youngsters training on Lasers, Picos, Optimists, Zoom 8’s, and Sports 16’s. The programme has proved successful in bringing the community and Club together over many years. Many youngsters have developed a high level of skill, taking them on to represent Antigua at Caribbean and International levels. Many have found career opportunities in the local and international Yachting Industry.
- Use of Club Dinghies: Annual and Temporary members have unlimited use of our dinghies. Standard class members may use the dinghies for a nominal fee on an ad-hoc basis. Whenever the sailing Centre is manned, the AYC RIB is available free of charge for members wishing to get on/off their moored boats.
- Dockage Facilities: There are limited docking facilities for members, at a nominal cost. There are 7 berths, serviced with water and electricity.
- Recognition at CSA (Caribbean Sailing Association) Events: Most CSA events offer discounts to AYC members.
- Assistance with Overseas Regattas: For our members participating in Caribbean and International Events, the Club has helped with entry fees, travel, and boat rentals for those who need or merit it. Fund raising events are held regularly in support of our Olympic hopefuls, aspiring juniors, and team and match racers.
- Club Sushi & Steak House:Members are offered a 20% discount on all food upon presentation of their membership card. Certain drinks during ” Happy Hour” are available at EC$6.
- Bar-B’s Bar & Restaurant: Members are offered a 10% discount on all food and beverages upon presentation of their membership card. There is also a “Happy Hour” every evening.
- Event Centre: WE have a superb Event Centre which is available for hire for members private events.
- Social Events: Quiz nights are run every Wednesday in season, with several other community events throughout the year.
- Car Parking: In addition to the vast car parking facilities in Falmouth Harbour members also have secure access the the Club’s car park.
- Reciprocal Club Membership: While this is not formalised, your membership card can be used to access many overseas Clubs.
- BUPA: Members are eligible to join the AYC Group BUPA Worldwide Health Care Scheme. By virtue of membership you will receive a discount from BUPA which more than covers the annual Club membership fee!
Some of AYC’s talented youngsters
Fly your AYC Burgee with pride!
Karl James – Olympic sailor and AYC Senior Instructor